Sunday, February 28, 2010

Untitled Short, draft 1.0

The Room1.1 now resides on my laptop and in various backup states. What a horrible title. I guess -everything- is still in the draft stage.

The concept behind this piece is based on a series of real life dreams, not mine. My source was kind enough to write an essay detailing the mood and surroundings of the dreams, which I found compelling and inspiring. The story has some strong horror elements, which I absentmindedly placed in a Gothic, Transylvania-esque setting. The problems: my characters are American; I intended the story to be modern-day even though the mood is somewhat older; I have supporting characters that serve no purpose; and the entire first half of the story is totally unrelated to the latter half.

But it felt so good to write. What happened?

No comments:

Post a Comment