Saturday, April 17, 2010

Amren Update

I'm happy to announce that Life After has reached a place in its life where it can enter the realm of submissions. It's just a matter of time before I start receiving rejection letters.

In the meantime, Life After 2 is now earnestly under construction. The main storyarc has been determined, and while many of the conflicting subplots are outlined, much yet remains to be discovered. I began writing [what I believe will be] the opening scene today but I'm getting bogged down by the creation of a vocabulary to describe a fantastical religious sect. I have to be careful to select words from multiple religions so as to not give the impression of satirizing any real-world religion, plus some phrases have evolved into terrible cliches. I'm not much of a word-inventor as taking the time to explain what the new word means detracts from story evolution.

It's looking like the beginning of book two will be especially difficult for Amren, but I'm sure there are some blues skies out there somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment