Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Amren's Holiday Review

Four invaluable friends (Ok, so one of them is my wife. She's -doubly- invaluable.) are undertaking the challenge of reading the entirety of Amren while it is yet in its adolescence. If you've never read a book-length document that is full of errors, inconsistencies, plot holes, hasty writing, and half-baked thoughts, I would suggest avoiding doing so at all costs. Nevertheless, writers around the globe need this kind of verification fairly consistently, so friends, spouses, and writer's groups across the globe submit themselves to this kind of abuse regularly. If you four ever read this... thank you!

I've obtained one of the scribbled-upon copies already (he had it read in less than a week) and the comments are enlightening. After reviewing the first quarter of his comments, I've already filled a page with notes of changes and alterations that need to be made... and these aren't necessarily simple fixes. A few of the changes will require revision of many scenes throughout the document. I've got my work cut out for me. However, I've never before been so happy to work so hard. My epic yarn is spinning, and that's neither gamer nor fiber-lover terminology.

No comments:

Post a Comment